failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/p/phj.php

Go to solution Solved by jazzman1,

I keep getting this error 

Warning: fopen(img/120300.png): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/play/playall.php on line 192 Warning: fwrite() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /var/www/play/playall.php on line 193 Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /var/www/play/playall.php on line 194 Warning: file_get_contents(img/120300.png): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/play/playall.php on line 196 Fatal error: Call to undefined function imagecreatefromstring() in /var/www/play/playall.php on line 197 

with Apache 2 and PHP 5.3 on

Debian GNU/Linux 6.0 (Squeeze)

Edited by ShivaGupta

Some code is causing that.

here is line 192

$fh = fopen($path, 'x');

here is code

$abc=curl_exec($ch);
 $name=rand(0, 999999);
		$path='img/'.$name.'.png';		

$fh = fopen($path, 'x');
fwrite($fh, $abc);
fclose($fh);

$st=file_get_contents($path);

Edited by ShivaGupta

PHP supports chmod() .

Only works if you're root or the file owner which couldn't be the case or no need to chmod() it.

ShviaGupta?  Does the img/ dir exist?  You need to look into Linux file permissions and check the dir if it exists to make sure the Apache user (probably apache or www-data or something) has write permissions.

Edited by AbraCadaver

@Shiva, by default the owner of "www" directory is "root", don't do this!  Is it a public or local server?

this is a local server and i want to use for my pertional use n only for me..........but can i use in public   server?

Edited by ShivaGupta

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.