Accept/Decline Offers on Website -Help-

7daytheory

I am rather new to wordpress, I generally hand code my SQL & PHP but have decided to try wordpress/others out.

Looking to do a site that users can register accounts and then get quotes for their gold. The quote page will have a bunch of dropdown options that describe their gold (carrots, size, diamond etc) and I will assign a $ value to each dropdown that will then give them a quote for it.

The webmaster will need to go on the site and either accept/decline the item and the users will be able to view this on their account. They should be able to view all past items they have had quoted as well.

So my question.. Is this something wordpress would be able to do efficiently?

Would I do the calculation and form from scratch and look for a plugin that lets the webmaster accept/decline each quote? 

I am reading the manual on wordpress & Joomla but I thought I would post here to see if someone has a quicker answer for me.

Thank You,

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with Neil Johnson that the code database of wordpress is a mess. I suggest you create your own and do the calculation on your own and not rely on a wordpress plugin. i tried using a certain plugin before for a client's website. it's such a pain in the a** when the plugin has a bug or something.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.