que count

cabbie

I want to get a number from a data base use it in another script increment by 1 and insert back into that column. In this script how can I get the numeric value of que?

$query = $db->query("SELECT `que` FROM `tracker` ");
while($rows = $query->fetch(PDO::FETCH_ASSOC)){
echo  $rows['que']; (prints que)

echo que;   (does not work)

This is a phone survey script... survey php prints the current reg voters data on the survey page. The surveyor attempts a call and gets a no answer or contact and Selects this result from a dropdown which calls operation.php. Operation.php increments the row id and stores it into table tracker.  survey.php then prints the new data for the next call ..  this code is almost working.. this is a link to the survey page.  and link to the code below that.

survey page    http://libertarianpartylc.org/survey.php

code   http://pastebin.com/9dx04UDP

Survey.php

Line 9: The query uses a parameter "?" (mysqli type, not PDO!) but no bindParam() statement.

Does each operator have their own que_id?

It looks like you need to pass the$row['id'] of the last call made in the form (hidden field) to operation.php (or use the $_SESSIONto store).

operator.php

When you update tracker table I think you need a "WHERE que_id = :queid"

Originally que_id was the increment variable and i was passing between pages. the table tracker has 2 columns id (not auto incremented) and que_id.

each operator after login will start at the current que_id  or id..

Yes I had where Que_id= que_id but changed it

As you can see I have put a lot of time in this project and way over my head trying to develop this code and pulling my hair. Syntax in this particular operation is the problem..

Everything works but the SELECT COUNT

$q = $db->prepare("SELECT COUNT(id) as records FROM tracker WHERE que_id = 3");
            $q->execute();    
            $records = (int) $q->fetch(PDO::FETCH_OBJ)->records;
            echo '$records =', $records;

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.