my webpage has deserted my login page ! please help.

ajoo

Hello All !

I have been learning and doing at the same time. I came across a login design using J-query sliding panel, that i gratefully used. The rest of the query page was empty.

Then I came across a tutorial on dynamic pages and so I thought it would be a good idea to put this dynamic page on the front of the login j-query page. I did so and it worked. When i use the J-query panel it worked fine. Then i implemented the dynamic pages and when i tried that out, the jquery panel vanished and the dynamic page appeared as a standalone website.

Any ideas how I may retain my login and the dynamic page and let them work harmoniously together.

Thanks all in advance.  

Hi ! Ok so the dynamic web page is a simple web page which simply displays a message for the various buttons on the menu bar in a select area. so for e.g. if i press the contact button, it say "this is a contacts page" and another message for another button on a common message DIV area. So all these messages appear on the same DIV area for messages. Of-course any functionality can be provided instead of just displaying the message. So that's the simple dynamic website that's there for now. 

Different html pages hold the messages for the various menu buttons. In the main html file includes are used to get them all together. The body.html is where a conditional structure is used to check which menu button ( not button actually ) has been pressed and the corresponding message is displayed.

Now I used this and placed it on the page for jquery login. The first time it displays great and all is well. But when i press any of the buttons, the query panel disappears and only the dynamic website page with all its functionality intact is left.

I have no clue why and so I am making this request. Thanks again.

Edited by ajoo

Hi ! I am back with a set of files zipped neatly into one. Please find the project attached.

The last line in the demo.php namely 

php include("dynamic.php");

attaches the dynamic website to the login page. But clicking on any of the buttons detaches the website from the login panel. I can see that it is wrong but i am unable to make out how else to attach the files so that they may be welded together. 

Thanks for any help.

dynamic.zip

The reason why your dynamic script doesn't contain the login slider is because you have not included it in your script!

demo.php is completely separate to dynamic.php. You need to find the html/php code in demo.php that makes the login slider and put in the header.html for your dynamic site.

Hi ! I am not sure I get what you are saying, but I think you mean that I need to split the dynamic.php and take the header and other files and include that in the demo files html/ php section. If that was the case it would destroy the modularity of the dynamic.php file. Wouldn't there be a better more elegant way of doing this ? I am not sure I understand. Would you please do whatever you are suggesting to me and show me what you mean ?

Thanks loads.

No, demo.php and dynamic.php are completely different scripts. They will not work together as they are.

You need to de-construct the code for the sliding login panel from demo.php and work out how to integrate it into your dynamic page. You cannot simply include one file into the other and expect it all to work.

The following is a way to integrate the two scripts, but I am not guaranteeing if the two scripts will work together in this way. 

First copy the css and javascript code (lines 106 to 128 in demo.php) into the <head></head> of the fra_header.html page. 

Then copy and past the <div id="toppanel"> ... </div> code (lines 134 - 236 from demo.php) to the end of fra_header.html file (after line 42)

Now the php code on lines 1 - 96 from demo.php to the top of dynamic.php.

Now if you open dynamic.php on each page under the header the login slider should appear.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.