Long Scrollable Radio-Button List Takes Too Much Time To Be Actually Scrollabe In Internet Explorer 10

phdphd

Hi All,

I have a web page where I load a radio-button list of about 10000 cities. This list appears in a vertically scrolling zone. To get the list as much visually uncluttered as possible, every city name appears "alone", however under the hood every city name is associated with a radio button. Basically every city name has the following formatting  :

<li><input style="display:none;" type="radio" name="rb_group_name" value="[city_name]" id="[city_id]" onclick="this.form.submit()"><label style="cursor:pointer" for="[city_id]"><span class="name_format">[city_name]</span></label></li>

The name_format class is associated with some css that determines the aspect of a city name according to its state (not hovered using the mouse/hovered).

This page takes only a few seconds to load in FF, Chrome, Opera, and even in - though not as fast- Safari. But in IE 10, it takes up to 30 seconds for the city list to be actually scrollable, even though it is populated. I tried to reset the IE settings to their default values, and to disable add-ons, but this did not help.

(I noticed that refreshing the page in IE is as fast as first loading in others browsers. However, clicking "back" button+calling the page again from localhost results in the same issue.)

Thanks in advance for your help!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.