login panel, distortion occurs on pressing the register button.

ajoo

hi all, 

I am not sure if this is the best place for my query but I am sure I'll get the solution & the reply. 

I have attached a small zip file which contains files for a j-query slider login panel. I have not done anything much with it except may be tweak the css files a bit just for learning. However now when i run / load the demo.php in the browser, it works fine but when i press the login and register buttons on the slider panel, the panel distorts before the refresh and the distortion shows just for a second and then it comes back to the right place. I am not able to figure out how to remove this distortion. 

Can someone quickly unzip the files and try it out and take a look at the problem. Note: the distortion occurs not always but on one or two button presses of the Register button and sometimes with the login button. ( no form fields are to be filled at all) Just press the buttons.

Just trying to learn,  :happy-04: distort_demo.zip

Thanks loads. 

Hi guys, 

please can someone look into this and provide a solution. if not, I'ld be thankful if someone can at least guide me where to go with this question, any relevant forum where I would be able to elicit some kind of response to this. Thanks you all.

Hi Noel ! Thanks for the reply. Well as of now I don't have it on a remote server. I am just running localhost and trying things out on a local server. If there is no other way then i'll try and upload it soon and post this again. if there is anything else you can suggest i'll try and do so. Maybe someone else meanwhile might have those resources and would be able to help.

Thanks so much.

Hi ! Thanks for attempting Ch0cu3r. The panel is fine if you slide it. Its only when you click on the registration and login buttons a few times ( more so on the registration button) without entering any  information in the input fields, the page refreshes and then redraws. Its at that time just before the panel is redrawn correctly, it distorts. The distortion occurs with the curved edge of the panels being redrawn 1. at the wrong location and 2 the curved edge becomes straight, abrupt and sharp. It's actually the elements of the panel being drawn wrongly. The left element of the panel ( the left curve ) being placed at the position of the right curve. I will try and capture a picture of this though I don't think i'll manage cos its so temporary. I am not sure what code I may have changed. Maybe something in the CSS though it seems just fine, I have tried to locate the change without success.

Thanks. I hope you'll try it again. 

Your problem is not with PHP. You must of changed something in the html/css/js for this to happen. I cannot reproduce this problem. Works fine in latest version of Chrome and IE on Win7 for me.

I found the ordinal source code for this sliding panel is here

http://tutorialzine.com/2009/10/cool-login-system-php-jquery/

Edited by Ch0cu3r

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.