Jquery and PHP poll script

ryanmetzler3

I downloaded this source package for a poll system that runs on jquery and php. Here is the "to do" list to make the program work. 

1. Setup mysql database to have one row and x number of columns (however many questions in poll).
2. Configure updatePoll.php with database location, name, and password.
3. Include in index.php file the required JS:
createPoll.js
style.css
from jQuery:
jquery-1.4.4.min.js
jquery.ui.core.js
jquery.easing.1.3.js
jquery.core.js

4. Load index.html in your browser! i
5. Style poll questions using the style.css, and/or change to be traditional poll (i.e. radio buttons).

I got steps 1 and 2 done. I also got part of 3 done. How do you include the jquery-1.4.4.min.js? is that something your download? I know nothing about jquery, I only know php, html, and css right now. 

index.html

style.css

updatePoll.php

unfortunately those are outdated libraries. you can look for the old ones, or try the new ones. what you would do either way is put all the required .js files into a folder "includes" that is right alongside the index.html, styles.css, etc files.

and then put something like this:

<head>
<script src="includes/jquery.core.js"></script>
<script src="includes/jquery.ui.core.js"></script>
<script src="includes/jquery.easing.js"></script>
<script src="includes/jquery.min.js"></script>
</head>

in between the

<html><body>

tags at the very beginning of index.html. I say"something like". the only thing that would change would be the names of the files themselves.

unfortunately those are outdated libraries. you can look for the old ones, or try the new ones. what you would do either way is put all the required .js files into a folder "includes" that is right alongside the index.html, styles.css, etc files.

and then put something like this:

<head>
<script src="includes/jquery.core.js"></script>
<script src="includes/jquery.ui.core.js"></script>
<script src="includes/jquery.easing.js"></script>
<script src="includes/jquery.min.js"></script>
</head>

in between the

<html><body>

tags at the very beginning of index.html. I say"something like". the only thing that would change would be the names of the files themselves.

How can I know what the equivalent new files are? Also is there a standard place to download files like this from. For example php.net is the official site for php Thanks for what you have already answered, great info!

google hosts libraries for common tools, here is jquery:

<script src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.10.2/jquery.min.js"></script>

it also has the old library that this calls for, but i would use the newer one if possible, don't mix versions with ui.

<script src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.4.4/jquery.min.js"></script>

and here is jquery ui:

<script src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jqueryui/1.10.3/jquery-ui.min.js"></script>

but I actually don't know what jquery.easing or jquery.core are. or ui.core for that matter. I've only seen the regular and min varieties of each, no "core" in the title, and easing idk. sorry.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.