Give it to me!

Fluoresce

Well, after months of hard work, I think that my website's finally finished. All it needs is lots of high-quality content.

Constructing the website has been very educational. I've had to relearn so much HTML, CSS, Photoshop, PHP and MySQL, much with the help of you guys. I've also had to learn lots of stuff that I didn't know, much of it concerning mod_rewrite, htaccess, php.ini, analytics, HTTP, error logging, and spam prevention. It's been fun! :happy-04:

So what do you guys think of the finished product? The link is in my signature. Please give it to me straight.

Looks good to real good to me and it worked well, I didn't read your last sentence of the first post so I was missing the link to the site at first. The logo on the bottom may be too big but this is just a small small issue to me.

Thank you for the feedback!

Anyone else got an opinion?

If the professionals (i.e., many of you guys) say that it's of an okay standard, then I will be very happy.

Looks and works pretty good.

Some suggestions:

Create a search for your videos.

Make your site logo clickable back to your home page.

Make video preview images clickable to your video pages.

It was odd to see http://www.selfhelpvids.com/browse/1 versus only http://www.selfhelpvids.com/browse/, maybe can change it without page numbering and redirect to page 1

Your links for content are ok...I suppose...don't care for the number being included, might want to think of the future though and if really want those included in there when numbers begin to grow. Although this does help preventing a duplicate named post link. I guess it really depends just how many videos planning on doing.

Video list page can become quite large if continue adding more videos.

Category: Vids » Intelligence , does having Vids >> have any purpose?

You may want your About and Contact page up top with the other tabs, could be missed in the footer.

Those are my observations, not bad though.

Looks and works pretty good.

Some suggestions:

Create a search for your videos.

Make your site logo clickable back to your home page.

Make video preview images clickable to your video pages.

It was odd to see http://www.selfhelpvids.com/browse/1 versus only http://www.selfhelpvids.com/browse/, maybe can change it without page numbering and redirect to page 1

Your links for content are ok...I suppose...don't care for the number being included, might want to think of the future though and if really want those included in there when numbers begin to grow. Although this does help preventing a duplicate named post link. I guess it really depends just how many videos planning on doing.

Video list page can become quite large if continue adding more videos.

Category: Vids » Intelligence , does having Vids >> have any purpose?

You may want your About and Contact page up top with the other tabs, could be missed in the footer.

Those are my observations, not bad though.

Brilliant review!

I will certainly create a video search facility.  Either that or I will wait until my site gets more popular and get Google Custom Search.

I also plan on adding a video rating feature and commenting feature on the video page.

"Vids >>" differentiates videos from documentaries, which begin with "Docs >>".

I didn't want to include the number in the URL, either, but it allows users to find the video with just the number. In other words, to find a specific video, users don't have to enter the whole address, just the number. The number also helps me to locate the video in the database.  It will not get very large because I will only be adding what I feel are high-quality videos to the site.

Thank you for your suggestions and feedback! ;D

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.