Fatal errors

dean7

Hey ,

I've just started doing PHP again after a long time of sitting it out. I wasn't the best back then so I'm hoping to improve myself now. I've got a simple script in which it apparently has errors which I'm unsure of and Google didn't exactly help me with.

First of all, some odd reason when I try to include an file in my config file its saying no such file or directory even when there is.

<?php// connect to DB include ("../includes/functions.php"); $Username = "*****";$Password = "******";$Database = "******";$Server   = "localhost";

that is in the folder called includes.

And my main problem is about functions. I keep getting a fatal error saying "Unable to call undefined function"  in my config file which is:

$YourIp = yourip();

In my functions that is:

function yourip(){$client = @$_SERVER['HTTP_CLIENT_IP'];$foward = @$_SERVER['HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR'];$remote = $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']; if (filter_var($client, FILTER_VALIDATE_IP)){$ip = $client;}elseif (filter_var($foward, FILTER_VALIDATE_IP)){$ip = $foward;}else{$ip = $remote;}return $ip;}

(Yes I had help from online with the IP function, but I've got other functions which are exactly the same error)

For what I thought that was all fine, but some reason it isnt.

Any help getting me pass these error will be grateful.

I have no idea what your directory structure is, but maybe:

include ("includes/functions.php");

Yeah I forgot to update this topic, but I changed that but apparently now I'm getting: Cannot redeclare safe() which is :

function safe($String){ return "'" .mysql_real_escape_string($String) . "'"; }

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.