Using ASP script within a PHP built site

Love2c0de

Good afternoon,

I've got a client who's current site is coded in ASP. I'm going to re-code it in PHP but he will only agree if his company can still use their ASP scripts - which feeds information to the site from a company developed software program.

Is it possible for me to implement their scripts into the PHP site?

Thanks for your time.

Kind regards,

L2c. 

@Ch0c - It's purely because I can't code in ASP. I did a quick static website for someone and they want me to re-do their other website, which is a Real Estate company, so I'm looking to build the site in PHP as it's the only server side language I know. 

@trq - That's great, I'll look into that! 

I'm considering a CMS for them to be able to add/delete/edit property details so they don't have to use ASP at all.

Kind regards,

L2c.

I found out a little more about the software the company use, it's called 'Appfolio' - http://www.appfolio.com/

Anyone ever worked with this in a PHP website? Going to speak to the client and find out more about how they transfer the properties into the website. He said they use ASP scripts to do it but this looks more like software where you would literally put the required data into some kind of structure, then upload it to the site somehow. 

Kind regards,

L2c.

You should also ask if the software is written in classic ASP or ASP.NET.  There's a big difference between the two.  Like huge.  Classic ASP is essentially Microsoft's attempt at something similar to PHP.  ASP.NET is a weird beast that does all of its work through form submissions and a very particular lifetime sequence per request.  And on the back end, it's either Visual Basic or C#.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.