Tutorials section

we have a tutorials section on the main site, and we are (were?) working on moving them to within the IPB ecosystem.

Once upon a time we did have an Author member group but interest in it was pretty much non-existent so we kinda dropped it. I would love to allow people to submit (and people can..just not formally atm) but yeah.. you are literally the first person in like 3 years who has expressed interest :/

we have a tutorials section on the main site, and we are (were?) working on moving them to within the IPB ecosystem.

Once upon a time we did have an Author member group but interest in it was pretty much non-existent so we kinda dropped it. I would love to allow people to submit (and people can..just not formally atm) but yeah.. you are literally the first person in like 3 years who has expressed interest :/

Oh, too bad. I hope more people express interest in the future. Writing tutorials help both and writer and the reader improve, so I think it is nice.

• 1 month later...

In any case, we do have a publicly accessible tutorial section on the main site: http://www.phpfreaks.com/tutorials The link Maq provided is a link to the tutorial section located within the IPB framework. We started migrating the tutorials from the main site (my link) to there and just never got around to finishing it. So, it's not accessible to the general public.

But I think the main point here is whether or not to re-open up ability to add more tutorials from other members. Currently anybody in Guru+ can add a new tutorial/blog on their own (though we usually encourage them to post it for review first). It's simply not open to regular members ATM. If/when we get off our lazy bums and complete migration to IPB framework, we will likely re-open ability for registered members to submit. Also, if y'all have a tutorial you want to see on the site, you are more than welcome to submit it to us via email or PM to review. We don't (currently) offer any kind of compensation other than seeing your tutorial and name on the site, though offering more than that is definitely on the discussion table for us to consider (one idea we kicked around was offering ability to put up your own affiliate ad so you get impression/click credits for it).

But.. in general, I stand by my previous statement that we did in fact at one point have it openly available and there really wasn't any interest in posting, other than from people who had already worked their way up the ladder. So personally my money is on it being the same.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.