time issues

Jayden_Blade
Go to solution Solved by Barand,

I am trying to show active users with in the last 5 mins.

<?php 
				error_reporting(E_ALL);
				include ("/home/jayden1/database_access/dblogincheck.php");
              $d=date('c',time()-5*60);//last 5 minutes

echo $d;
             $q=mysql_query("SELECT `username` FROM `navigate` WHERE `time` >= '$d'") or die ("query failed to find".mysql_error());
             echo $q;
             if(mysql_num_rows($q)>0){
	             print "<ul>";
	             echo $q;
	             while($users=mysql_fetch_array($q)){
	             	print "<li>{$users[0]}</li>";

}
	             print "</ul>";
	             echo $users;
             }
			?>

no errors just wont display. I know the time in my db updates every time a pages is loaded

If the "time" field is an integer then don't use date(). If it's a DATETIME field then you should be using "Y-m-d H:i:s" format for the date.

$d=date('Y-m-d H:i:s', time() - 5 * 60);
If that's still not working, what are the values of some of the rows from the navigate table you expected it to find?

I think the issue is in the time formats.

You're using c for the PHP date format, which will output something like 2004-02-12T15:19:21+00:00, but you're then comparing that string to a time stored in MySQL, which, if it's time format would be something like 15:19:21.

For this sort of thing, I'd recommend creating an integer field in MySQL that's ten-digits long and have that store a UNIX timestamp. Then compare that to a strtotime in PHP of now minus five minutes:

strtotime('-5 minutes')

are you sure you have rows in your navigate table with values like that?

your date('c') value, when being inserted into the table (i.e. your previous thread) is either producing a mysql error for an invalid date/time value (mysql in strict mode) or is inserting an all zero date/time (mysql not in strict mode.)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.