starting a php programmers team online ||| is there any software I could use?

keloa

Hi

I have a small company so I cant hire programmers with full time or part time. And I got this idea to start a team online, so is there any software that will make the team work easier.

I found this software :

http://codassium.com/

I didn't get time to take a good look into it but I think it is what I need.

so if there is any software can make this work more easy I hope you tell me about it.espically if it's a free software.

Good luck to you "hiring" people who can't work either full OR part time.

That tool you showed seems to be a technical interviewing tool.  It is not a team tool.

I'd suggest you look at github.

hahahahahaha

you didn't get me.When you are hiring someone online with full time job it's much cheaper than hiring someone who want to get an office ...etc

about the tool I just got a quick look and yes as you said , sadly its an interview tool.still searching for a good tall to work online

Atlassian has Jira (ticket/task manager) and Bit Bucket (github alternative).

There's Basecamp.

Really, if you spend 5 minutes googling, you'll find something.

Thanks, I was searching but the reason why I've posted this topic is because I was looking for someone with some experience to tell me about what software he is comfortable with.

We can't really answer that. Firstly, it depends on your needs, and even you won't get a good feel for that until you just pick one and go for it and get a few projects under your belt and then review the situation to see if what you picked works for you. A good chunk of that decision will probably boil down to personal preference, e.g. whether or not you like the look/feel of the tool, even if it functions according to your needs. It's like asking what car you should buy.. virtually all cars will get you from point A to point B so there isn't necessarily a "best" option. But, depending on your own personal situation (e.g. - projects, personal taste, etc.) one might be a better fit for you. Notice the keyword here is "you". Only you can really determine which is the best tool to use.

I could tell you my own personal PoV from my own personal experience for these types of tools, but that's not going to really helpful to you. But for shits and grins I'll share my experience anyways, let you decide for yourself how useful this info really is..

First off, I don't actually admin any of these things, so I'm restricted to what my employer gives me access to. So it very well could be that some of these tools can do a lot more than I know about.

basecamp - personally I think it sucks. AFAIK there's no kind of code integration with it (e.g. git/svn). It basically lets you easily setup adhoc todo lists and enter in a date/time spent for each one. IOW it's little more than a time tracker. At least, that's the impression I get out of it, and pretty much all I've ever used it for.

jira - this is supposed to be a really good project management solution. I have lots of clients who use it and consequently I have to login and use their instance a lot. My main impression is "too many bells and whistles, too complex." This may turn out to be awesome if you have HUGE projects, but if you're just sticking to small projects or basic time management, it just seems too much IMO. But it seems to be really popular amongst the dev crowd because of code integration.

github - I have very little experience with this, but we're fixin' to start using this at my work (currently we just have an svn repo on our server). My coworker says it's great. It's supposed to be less complex than jira, and in general cheaper. This one also has code integration.

attask - I have to use this one fairly regularly as well. I kinda get the same impression from it as I do with basecamp, though I only have very basic level access to it. I hear from the uppers that it's significantly better than basecamp as far as project/time tracking, but afaik there's no code integration with it.

I find things like Jira and Basecamp a bit pointless if you're in a small, self-sufficient team.  I tried using Jira, and the process of setting up tasks, commenting on them, closing them out, etc. was really just busy work.  It was far easier to just confer with my partner with, "Hey, is 'X' done?  No?  Cool."

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.