1 reply to this topic

#1 Janus13

Janus13
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 54 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 05:54 PM

I'm really stumped here. I have a directory on my web server secured via .htaccess pointing to a crypt file outside the web root. Nothing special there right? In the root of my site I have a logon.php page that validates against a mySQL database (host doesn't support mod_auth_mysql). Once I have validated the user I want to pass them to the secured directory, which it's doing, but it's prompting a second time for user id and password. I want to supress the prompt that comes up now due to .htaccess requiring a valid user. I've tried setting the $_SERVER['PHP_AUTH_USER'] and $_SERVER['PHP_AUTH_PW'] variables in the authentication routine, but that doesn't seem to do the trick. I'm not to up on mod_rewrite so I haven't been able to figure out if I need to employ that or if there is another way to accomplish this. Any ideas? Any help anyone can give me would be awesome!

Jon

#2 Janus13

Janus13
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 54 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 05:55 AM

*bump* I haven't checked back in a while and wanted to give this a shove to the top to see if anyone had any fresh information about the topic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users