any suggestions

desjardins2010

If it only displays once, when you first login, and then never again, you will most likely want a database table which will store the ID's of users who have 'seen' the special offer.

When your page loads, query the database, see if the user is in the table already, if not, use whatever method to like to display the special offer. If you choose to use javascript to animate a dialog (or whatever), then you will need to set a flag somewhere in your HTML that the javascript can check when the DOM is ready, which will indicate to the javascript to perform the code that will show the special offer.

Hope that helps,

Denno

Some advertising companies once you become an affiliate, allow you to add the code to your site usually it is javascript or it can be an api connection to their servers where the store the user info and you can decide if you want pop over  / pop unders or whatever type advertising displays they offer.

Back in the day I used phpadsnew (now is openx http://docs.openx.com/ad_server/) and ran my own ads server because I had over 68 domains and 12 servers and 400 client websites I was maintaining and it was too much to keep track of everything and at the time you could setup keyword based advertising campains across all the "networks"  you had set up on the servers. Plus you could do video, pop over, pop under, one time, every x amount of page hits. etc... And control the feeds to each site in one interface.

There is also http://orbitscripts.com that has an ad server. I haven't used it but it has a ton of features.

So depending on what you want to do... if I only had a few sites I would just sign up with an ad server company like Adsense, Adbrite or any of the others out there and let them handle all the ads. And you can choose what type of ad delivery you want. Check what formats they supply.

If you are doing your own ads then just grab a ad rotator script out there go to hot scipts or google and look for one with the pop over feature or features you want...

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.