JSON Seach

danoshea

I am trying to create a search query for either the YearBuilt (yachts.theskywatergroup.com/yatco_data_feeds/datafeed_customer/query2.php) or LocationState a Vessel is located in (yachts.theskywatergroup.com/yatco_data_feeds/datafeed_customer/query3.php.) 

See attached files. I can only get the full return of the URI.

I am not fluent in PHP coding as I am more involved in web design, graphics, emarketing, etc., but want to learn this for one of my friend's who is a Yacht broker.

Part of the example response data from the "Search" URI is below.

A few questions as this is new to me -

1 - What are the numbers and "String content" in JSON?

2 - Can $_Get('City') be a request from a form?

3 - Is it my code in the attached files or is there something else I need from the providing Dataservice?

{
    "PageCount":"2147483647,

"RecordCount":2147483647,

"Vessels":[(
        "AskingPriceFormatted":"String content",
        "City":"String content",
        "VesselID":2147483647,

"YearBuilt":2147483647

)]
}

query3.php

query_results3.php

query_results2.php

query2.php

Yes, I did not see anywhere to attach a file. The documentation is here - yachts.theskywatergroup.com/yatco_data_feeds/datafeed_customer/Yatco_DataService_API_Updated.pdf

The form method is GET so I'm unsure why my foreach and if statement isn't working.

What I meant is, is it my code that is wrong in calling the value of YearBuilt or LocationState or am I missing something in the DataService.

As I said, I am a webdesigner, graphic and emarketing, not a programmer and I do not know much about PHP and JSON. However, with what I've been reading in the past week, I am now going to research it, it appears very powerful and very popular.

Oh, also the documentation does not explain the "String content" or the value "2147483647". I even googled and could not find an answer.

Thank you.

Edited by danoshea

I'm not going to read the documentation, that's for you to read.

What I meant is, is it my code that is wrong in calling the value of YearBuilt or LocationState or am I missing something in the DataService.

You haven't told us what your issue is, so we cannot answer that question.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.