array parsing to variable from echo/print response

airborne305
Go to solution Solved by denno020,

Sorry if my wording/terminalogy on the discription is wrong. I'm new to PHP, so i'll do my best to detail what im trying to do.

The PHP is doing what i need it to do. But i do not need to print the whole response. I only need the [address] and [pubkey] values as variables. I have read a few tutorials, but they assume i already know the strings to be converted to variables.

Please help :)

Code...

<?php

require_once 'jsonClient.php';

$service = new jsonClient('http://ooples:booples@127.0.0.1:18332/');

$apple =  array ($service->validateaddress("1234567890"));

print_r ($apple);

?>

Response...

Array ( [0] => Array ( [isvalid] => 1 [address] => 1234567890 [ismine] => 1 [isscript] => [pubkey] => hqwiuehf9 [iscompressed] => 1 [account] => foo ) ) 

• Solution

Tp print 'address' and 'pubkey', you will access it like this:

$apple[0]['address']
$apple[0]['pubkey']

Your variable $apple is an array, with 1 element, which is another array. That array then has all of your values, so that's why you need the '[0]' before the index of the value you want (as array's are 0-indexed, meaning the first value is always at position 0, second value at position 1, and so on).

Hopefully that helps you out.

Denno

Edit:

I just read through all of your code (instead of just looking at the print_r result), to avoid the need of the [0], then change:

$apple = array ($service->validateaddress("1234567890"));
//to
$apple = $service->validateaddress("1234567890");

Then you access the values like this:

echo $apple['address'];
echo $apple['pubkey'];
Edited by denno020

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.