Shuffle MP3

Fijiannn

So in my code below I have a script where it shuffles through .mp3 in a folder. How can I make the line below know which song the shuffle() has picked? 

$ThisFileInfo = $getID3->analyze($Songs[0]);

<?php
    require_once('/home/manveers94/public_html/getID3-1.9.7/getid3/getid3.php');
    $getID3 = new getID3;

function fooFucker($url) {
        $a = join('/', array_map('urlencode', explode('/', $url)));
        return str_replace('+', '%20', $a);
    }

$SongsFolder = "songs";

header("Content-Type: audio/x-mpegurl");

$body = '';

$Songs = glob($SongsFolder."/*.mp3");
    shuffle($Songs);
    $first = 0;

foreach($Songs as $Song)
    {
        $SongPath = pathinfo($Song);
        if ($first != 0) {
            $body .= "\n";
        }
        $first = 1;
        $body .= "http://".$_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'].fooFucker(dirname($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']))."/".fooFucker($SongsFolder)."/".fooFucker($SongPath['basename']);
    }

set_time_limit(30);

$ThisFileInfo = $getID3->analyze($Songs[0]);
    getid3_lib::CopyTagsToComments($ThisFileInfo);

$body .= 'File name: '.$ThisFileInfo['filenamepath'].'<br>';
    $body .= 'Artist: '.(!empty($ThisFileInfo['comments_html']['artist']) ? implode('<BR>', $ThisFileInfo['comments_html']['artist']) : ' ').'<br>';
    $body .= 'Title: '.(!empty($ThisFileInfo['comments_html']['title']) ? implode('<BR>', $ThisFileInfo['comments_html']['title'])  : ' ').'<br>';
    $body .= 'Bitrate: '.(!empty($ThisFileInfo['audio']['bitrate']) ? round($ThisFileInfo['audio']['bitrate'] / 1000).' kbps'   : ' ').'<br>';
    $body .= 'Play time: '.(!empty($ThisFileInfo['playtime_string']) ? $ThisFileInfo['playtime_string']                          : ' ').'<br>';

header('Content-Length: ' . strlen($body));
    echo $body;
?>

$songs = array('song a','song b','song c'); # the songs in order a, b, c
shuffle($songs); # mix up the songs! PROBABLY not in order any more
echo $songs[0]; # get the first song from the $songs array, which is PROBABLY not 'song a' since the songs were PROBABLY mixed up.

## PROBABLY IS A VERY IMPORTANT WORD HERE

Hey,

You need to put that line inside the foreach you have so it becomes

$ThisFileInfo = $getID3->analyze($Song);
and remember to put that into the foreach.

After you shuffle and look at $songs[0], chances are that's not actually the first one anymore.

The best way to test what's actually happening is do a print_r on $songs before you shuffle, then after and put an exit in. That way, you can see if 0 is working in the way of looking at the first one or if it goes off somewhere else.

$songs = array('song a','song b','song c'); # the songs in order a, b, c
shuffle($songs);       # mix up the songs! PROBABLY not in order any more
echo $songs[0];        # get the first song from the $songs array, which is PROBABLY not 'song a' since the songs were PROBABLY mixed up.

## PROBABLY IS A VERY IMPORTANT WORD HERE

Why would I want to make an array of every song? I have over a 400+ songs in the folder with mp3 in it.

Why would I want to make an array of every song? I have over a 400+ songs in the folder with mp3 in it.

Well, if you don't want to make an array of every song.... you better delete  $Songs = glob($SongsFolder."/*.mp3");    because that's exactly what it's doing

Okay well, how can I do it using that?

You need an array to store all of your songs and shuffle them using the shuffle((array) $array) function, You are not making an array of every song, you are storing every song in 1 array.

Edited by GetFreaky

You need an array to store all of your songs and shuffle them using the shuffle((array) $array) function, You are not making an array of every song, you are storing every song in 1 array.

Right!  We're not making an array for every song, we're making an array of every song (that matched the glob pattern).

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.