Universal link

JackCode

Hey,

I'm assuming you mean when your user has logged in or click on a link, you want it to take them to their own specific member page?

For the url, you'd need something like

$url = 'member_page.php?member_id=${member_id}'

Then, on the page, you'd need a $_REQUEST['member_id'] to grab that id and load their specific page.

Hope this helps. If you need any clarification or if I assumed incorrectly, let me know.

I asume you want to have some sort of userlist, with a link to each user's profile.

So, if this is the case, you can do something like this:

Members.php:

<?php
$sql = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM `users` ORDER BY `id`");
if ($sql) {
    while ($info = mysql_fetch_array($sql)) {
        //Some userinfo here.
        //The link to the user his profile.
        echo '<a href="profile.php?user='.$info["id"].'">More info about this user.</a>';
    }
}else{
    die(mysql_error());
}
?>

Profile.php:

if (!isset($_GET['user']) || $_GET['user'] == "") {
    echo 'Please insert a user to lookup..';
    exit;
}else{
    $sql = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM users WHERE id='".$_GET['user']."'");
    if (mysql_num_rows($sql)>0) {
	while ($info= mysql_fetch_array($sql)) {
            //User information to display.
        }
    }else{
        echo 'This user isn\'t in our database!';
        exit;
    }
}

Hey,

I'm assuming you mean when your user has logged in or click on a link, you want it to take them to their own specific member page?

For the url, you'd need something like

$url = 'member_page.php?member_id=${member_id}'

Then, on the page, you'd need a $_REQUEST['member_id'] to grab that id and load their specific page.

Hope this helps. If you need any clarification or if I assumed incorrectly, let me know.

Thank you this is exactly what I needed. For a request do you just request for the ID in the page Im linking from?

Thank you this is exactly what I needed. For a request do you just request for the ID in the page Im linking from?

The $_REQUEST is actually a combination of $_GET and $_POST. I was always taught to use $_REQUEST instead. You saw how the url was passed into the page? Well it works just from that. It takes the id from the url.

By the way, please, please, please make sure to run filters on that string. As of PHP5, we have filter functions. So use the filter functions for integers and when you've cleaned & validated it, then let it touch the database.

If you need any more help, let me know. I can go through it with you.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.