Naming controllers: Is it MyController.php or my_controller.php

CrimpJiggler

The version of cake I have installed uses MyController.php naming convention. I installed cakephp-scripts for Ubuntu so that I can start using bake, but it uses my_controller.php naming conventions, and it doesn't detect my controllers or models and all that stuff because my cakephp projects all use CamelCase naming conventions for the directories and files. If I run bake in the app folder, it doesn't detect my database config file because its looking for the config folder, it doesn't check the Config folder. So it ends up creating all new lowercase folders (i.e. controllers instead of Controller, views instead of View). Is this my_controller.php naming convention from older versions of cakephp, which are now obsolete? If so, is bake suppose to use the newer camelcase convention?

I figured it out. When I ran apt-get install cakephp-scripts, it installed a really old version of cake (1.3 or something like that). I uninstalled that, and instead used the cake app that comes with the cakephp installation, and now it says:

Welcome to CakePHP v2.4.4 Console

I wonder why theres that obsolete version in the repositories.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.