php in iFrame

shackwm60
Go to solution Solved by Ch0cu3r,

hello all, noob here hope you can help.

I have a web form that is loaded into an iFrame. I want to modify that form a bit and added some php (primarily to bring in a session variable)

My problem is, I cant get ANY php to execute at all. I have even tried a simple one line  <?php echo "this is a test" ?> and it doesn't work.  If I call this page directly instead of inside the iFrame, Everything displays as expected, even the session variables. I get no error messages displayed.

Yes, I have added session start and even that ie header tag that's been recommended.

Anyone seen this behavior before

I am running this on Ubuntu 12.0.4 with php 5.3.10

<?header('P3P: CP="CAO PSA OUR"'); ?>
<?php require_once("../includes/session.php"); ?>

<!DOCTYPE HTML>
<html>

<head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
    <!-- Start of the headers for CoffeeCup Web Form Builder -->
    <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0"
    />
    <script type="text/javascript" src="common/js/form_init.js" data-name=""
    id="form_init_script">
    </script>
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="theme/sky_responsive/css/default.css?version=390"
    id="theme" />
    <!-- End of the headers for CoffeeCup Web Form Builder -->
    <title>
      patientInfoForm
    </title>
  </head>

<body><!-- Start of the body content for CoffeeCup Web Form Builder -->

<-- after this there is a LONG area of standard form config.. -->
      <-- then some php inserted.. but never shows up -->

<?php echo "this is a test" ?>

</body>

</html>    

<script type="text/javascript">document.write(unescape("%3Ciframe id=\"fb_iframe\" src=\"patientInfoForm.php" + window.location.search + "\" width=\"100%\" height=\"6610\"allowtransparency=\"true\" scrolling=\"no\" frameborder=\"0\"%3E<a href=\"patientInfoForm.php\" title=\"patientInfoForm\">Check out my CoffeeCup Form</a>%3C/iframe%3E"));</script>
<noscript>
  <iframe height="6610" style="border:none; background:transparent; overflow:hidden; width:100%;"
  id="fb_iframe" src="patientInfoForm/patientInfoForm.php">
    <a href="patientInfoForm.php" title="patientInfoForm">Check out
    my CoffeeCup Form</a>
  </iframe>
</noscript>

So, the code up top is the target page (patientInfoForm.php) and the code on the bottom is generated from an app from Coffecup software (above) and is inserted in the calling page. its all on the same server so is not making a call outside the domain at all.  The form itself displays and works as expected when not in the iFrame.

For easy reading ive removed all the excess form code from that page. Behavior is the same. thanks.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.