.httaccess

Carsten

Started this Apache business a couple of days ago , and so far I'm lost and very frustrated...

There are so many directives, and they all overule one and another or something completely different.

What a mess!

My problem:

I can freely connect to external websites from my localhost using the PHP command:

ftp_login($conn_id, $ftp_user_name, $ftp_user_pass);

But when I place my script on my hosted server (using safe-php) it doesn't work.

This is the layout of my httaccess file.

# -FrontPage-

IndexIgnore .htaccess */.??* *~ *# */HEADER* */README* */_vti*

<Limit GET POST>

order deny,allow

deny from all

allow from all

</Limit>

<Limit PUT DELETE>

order deny,allow

deny from all

</Limit>

Do I need the AllowCONNECT directive, or perhaps setting up PORT to handle more than the

default 443 563? If the connection issue is solved, will the <Limit PUT> deny from all prevent me from ftp'ing files?

I don't want to comprimise my website, so if someone could please throw in a directive that ensures access to a single subfolder by supplying a unique name+password of my choice, I'd be very happy (a link is fine).

Carsten

Using FTP from within PHP is not a function that Apache deals with.

Safe mode in PHP disables a lot of functions. See [a href=\"http://us2.php.net/manual/en/features.safe-mode.php\" target=\"_blank\"]http://us2.php.net/manual/en/features.safe-mode.php[/a] for more information.

This question should probably be moved to one of the PHP forums.

Ken

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.