Link to file

SalientAnimal

Hi All,

I have temporarily taken over the administration of an existing site that will soon e discontinued, however I need to add a few links to files without re-inventing the wheel.

The link needs to link to a file using a URL. below is the link that I have created, however it is not opening the file:

[readon2 url="images/repairs/returns policy  process effective 1 feb 
2014.pdf"]Returns Policy Process (Effective 1 Feb 2014)[/readon2]

Regularly these files link to new webpages with content on them, here is a working link:

[readon2 
url="index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=504&Itemid=504"]Repairs 
Status[/readon2]

but as mentioned, I need it to link directly to a file and not to a page, keeping the format of the link.

Thanks

I'm not a Joomla user, but I dont think you want to use the readon tag, this is used for adding a Read More link to an article.

Instead you need to open your page into Joomla's WYSIWYG editor press the link button to link to the file instead. Or if joomla allows html then use a html anchor tag

<a href="images/repairs/returns policy  process effective 1 feb 
2014.pdf">Returns Policy Process (Effective 1 Feb 2014)</a>

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.