Grab entries by different column results

Irate

Hello everyone, it's been a while since I last made a topic, but here we go.

So, to start, I am working with TYPO3 right now - to be exact, I am modifying an extension for someone - and I want to assign certain variables I can access with placeholders, but I have not worked with SQL in a while and since I have been here for a while, I figured I might as well ask you guys.

I am grabbing entries from the table brandings which has three columns: one is called "brandingTargetPath", the second one is called "user" and the last one is "when", where the first two will be varchar(255) and the last one is int(11), with the table having an auto-increment Primary Key called "uid".

Now, I can select the rows I want to and use "SORT BY when DESC" to get the most recent entries first, but then I want to differentiate between the different "brandingTargetPath" entries and show only the most recent entry in a certain path (the possible paths will be provided by PHP).

Could anyone just hint me at the direction which SQL commands I should use? That'd be great, I can sort out the rest by myself.

Thanks in advance,

Irate

Edited by Irate

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.