twitter bootstrap

Augury

No.  It doesn't work in IE 8 for sure.  Not a great big deal.  For me at least.

Then again this site is still trying to load something.  I don't know if you noticed that or not.

As far as layout goes it was tricky to get the page to look clean on both sides of the phone and like I said the freakin dropdown menu is supposed to be on the RIGHT side of the screen.  When the righthand thumb reaches over, the user can no longer see the display.  It's not something a PC user would really experience, like an arm in front of the face.  So I've got to DL the css at least and try to correct this problem.  The dropdown also turns white.  I may or may not ever be able to solve that problem.

The HTML alternative is to use frames with min, max and percentages.  I get horizontal scroll bars on most sites.  The bootstrap solves this problem.  I may be limited on the number of columns I successfully display while retaining semblance organized content presentation.

The nice looking textboxes is worth the loss of W-1040 layouts.  I'm not one for a whole lot of fanfare but if the display is rendered without alot of stress its more agreeable to users I think.

When I use mobile web services it frustrates me that the content is reduced and I don't needed links.  This solves the problem nicely I think.  I had an unlocked nokia with some wifi back when.  Like 2008?  It had a browser and I could get google maps.  Tight res.  But everyone was into flip phones back then.  Screen size is #1 on a pocket device.  Touch screens are kind of queer but what can you do?  Of course to key in a paragraph of text on smart is torturous.  But it's what there is.  I oft times slip into daydreams where I am keying meaningful data on a mobile device at a cost efficient rate....ahhhh.

The pfcb class works.  It's about as much typing for the calls as it is for the resulting HTML.  But it's organized and the parsing is done with out too much confusion.  It's not real stout code but it gets the job done.

It leaves one wanting for greater functionality.  If the development is open I like to see a table class.  With the lightup boxes I don't how far it could get.  Especially seeing that the text boxes are a little gainly in nature.

Here's a question:

I noticed that there is a "focus" js that scrolls the page on loading to the input field.  If you want to experience what this is like, the validation page at the OP employs this feature.

Error messages are somewhat mission critical to finalizing any given entry.  I can get some into the page.  The focus thing, how do I specify the focus?  Any idea?

My opera browser puts the cursored field out of view.  The chrome browser centers the cursored field.

Edited by Augury

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.