Refresh second drop down box in a page based on first

viktex1d
Go to solution Solved by viktex1d,

Thank you very much for replying. I would like to use a submit button. What I am doing is, get the input in a page and upon getting input(through a button) redirect to the second page containing the second drop down box. But, my friend suggested that it is not a very good design.

web sites should function even if the visitor has turned off javascript in his browser. so, your design should have the drop-down and a submit button (that could be rendered inside <noscript></noscript> tags if you are also supply a javascript/jquery method of submitting the form when the drop-down is changed.)

you can use a single page for this, no need for multiple pages. just have the first drop-down submit to the same page it is on. read the value from the first drop-down, if any, and produce the second drop-down.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.