Redirect to a page if logged in.

roldahayes

Hi,

Can I have some advise on the best way to achieve this task please.

I need a way to redirect to a different version of a page once a user enters a specific code.

I.e,  The normal page is "basket.php" -  once the user enters the code into a box on that page, it automatically jumps to "basket-trade.php" 

The code would need to keep them on the new version of the page everytime they visited the original, until they log out.

I would need a way to add new codes (That do the same job) for each user that I want this to work for.

Any advise would be appreciated,

Cheers.

Hi,

I've not worked with php sessions much, but I am assuming they would be all similar,

Maybe something like this:

<?php
if ($_SESSION['mysession'] == 1){
		// REDIRECT
	}else{
		// REDIRECT
	}
?>

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the advice, this is how I solved it.

if(isset($_REQUEST['txtLogin'])) 
{ 
session_start();   
$_SESSION['stored_username']=$stored_username; 
} 

if(isset($_SESSION['stored_username'])) 
header('Location: basket-trade.php'); 
else 
header('Location: basket.php'); 

Not quite.

You must stop the script after the redirect. Otherwise, it will happily keep running, which is a very common security vulnerability.

Putting the session_start() into an if statement is also poor practice, because the session will be uninitalized if the condition isn't met. That means every attempt of accessing $_SESSION will throw a notice.

Last but not least, get rid of the $_REQUEST variable and properly fetch the data from either the URL ($_GET) or the request body ($_POST).

Archived