Need help from someone that might know Xinha CMS

DeevaM

I am hoping to find someone that can take a look at one of our sites that use Xinha CMS. We have 21 of them in use by our clients and all of a sudden none of them will save changes that have been made on a page. Clients sign in, edit their page, click save changes, and nothing happens. Our hosting service says nothing has changed. They tried a couple of things, but no luck. They have advised us to contact a Xinha developer, but not sure if it is even being developed any longer. ANY help would be appreciated. Thank you.

as best as i can tell, xinha is a WYSIWYG html editor, not a CMS. a CMS would use xinha as a way of editing the content using a web based interface.

so, the question is, what CMS are you using?

also, what debugging have you done to find out what the code is doing, to narrow down where the problem is occurring at?

Sorry. You are correct. Xinha is an open source html editor. Our sites are all php based and do not use anything other than Xinha for content. Since these all started having issues within the same week, I had tech support from our hosting company take a look. They tried disabling security mod, but beyond that, nothing else so far. They have suggested that there is a missing extension or plugin possibly. They also said that the only change to the server they have made is the addition of a php selector within the cpanel instead of using php.ini. 

Although I have had employed coders in the past, I am not a coder. I can certainly implement suggestions, and provide information, but beyond that, I am a bit lost. I can provide error logs and anything else that may help shed light on this. Thank you.

the only change to the server they have made is the addition of a php selector within the cpanel instead of using php.ini

it's likely this resulted in a different default version of php or a different configuration of php that altered how the server side code needs to access submitted form data.

it would take seeing the form code and the server side code responsible for handling the submitted form data to even have a chance at helping.

I can get you screen shots of all php information on the server, and whatever files it would require if you are willing to take a look. Just let me know what files or information you need? If you need access to a site, I can back it up and arrange that also.

that's not really how programming help forums work. we're here to help programmers with their code problems and would expect the person we are helping to be able to identify/locate and post just the relevant/asked for information.

it's sounding like you should post in the 'Job Offerings' forum section.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.