OpenCart Checkout Success Page hanging on load

Ricky55

Hi guys

New to OpenCart. Just created a site using it. I'm using Sage Pay.

Payments are going through correctly but following the final stage of Sage Pay I get bounced back to:

domain/index.php?route=checkout/success

Which is the correct behaviour but this page doesn't load correctly. The page title appears but I just get a blank screen with no content. After about 30 minutes the page loads.

I can visit the page directly so the page is there and working.

Is there anything I can check to see why its not loading?

Should also say that payments are being processed correctly and the correct emails are going to customers etc.

just off of the top of my head, assuming the page is using session variables to remember who the visitor is, it's possible that the variation of the host-name/sub-domain (www. vs no www.) that's being used in the redirect back to your site doesn't match the variation of the host-name/sub-domain where the session variables were created at and there's no matching session. is the domain variation in the URL before you goto the payment processor the same as when you get redirected back?

to debug what the page is doing, start by setting php's error_reporting to E_ALL and either set display_errors to ON or set log_errors to ON, then see what if any php detected errors are either displayed or logged.

edit: also is the protocol http vs https the same in the URL on your site before going to the payment processor and after the redirect back to your site?

Edited by mac_gyver

Thanks. After further testing, it seems that its working in OS X Safari but not in Windows 7 Chrome. Totally bizarre. 

I've turned on error reporting but nothing is shown.

Some errors appear in the log but none of them seem to relate to this.

When you get redirected the URL is correct, if you hit refresh the page loads. For some reason it just hangs when left, if you leave it long enough the content does load.

Is there anything else I can try?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.