Have migrated to Win x64, but can Apache2.2 x64 work w/ php?

Go to solution Solved by yshua,

Dear PHP People:

Have Windows 8 x64 pc, with Apache httpd-2.2.27-win64, and php-5.5.11-Win32-VC11-x64, and MySQL 5.5.37.  But am unable to find any x64 compatible php5apache2_2.dll or 2_4.dll.  All of these dll files give the following error:

httpd: Syntax error on line 131 of C:/Apache2.2/conf/httpd.conf: Cannot load C:/php/php5apache2_2.dll into server: %1 is not a valid Win32 application. 

Perhaps the Apache 2.2.27-win64 version is incompatible with PHP windows x64 version?  Does anyone have experience with this, or know another php5apache....dll file which works?

Please let me know quick,

Yshua

Dear Ch0cu3r:

Got this version from Apachelounge.com as well.  This is possibly affirmation to me that the Apache2.2.27 x64 is for non php configured servers!  So the complete migration to higher Apache 2.4 is practically a necessity.  MySQL 5.5+ was required to let Windows 64 pull up my database!

Thanks for the needed input,

Yshua

Oh, excuse me again, Ch0cu3r:

The following was written under a search for that original emsg, and this came up:

appcmd set apppool /apppool.name:MyAppPool32bit /enable32BitAppOnWin64:false

NOTE : By default, it is false.

Supposedly this is a command in an IIS 6.0 or IIS7 server.  But we should be able to start up any program, such as Apache or php in 32 bit or 64 bit mode, if somebody knows the workaround.

Perhaps this is a new issue,

Yshua

Sorry I dont know what the issue is. I only know that if you're using a VC11 64bit build of PHP you must install a VC11 64bit build of apache from apachelounge.com and make sure you have the C++ Redistributable installed that I linked to in my earlier post.

The guys over at apachelounge.com maybe able to assist you further.

If you still cant solve the error then maybe try a pre-packaged AMP stack such as WAMP or XAMPP instead.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution

Dear people:

Made a huge oversight!  Seems obvious NOW that Win32 style php, or any other package needs to be located in Program Files (x86) to stay under windows 32 architecture for windows 32 packages.  A visiting programmer who will remain nameless complained about copying of files that were in the Program Files (x86) directory being harder to copy.  So, halfway to please him, the packages were put in the C:/ directory, and all kinds of x32 vs. x64 compatibility issues arose!  Aye, aye, aye....

Thanks for incredible patience,

Yshua

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.