The Dane

TrickyInt

Hey!

So, i'm gonna introduce myself. Never an easy one? What do say, and what not to. Well, never been good at this, but i'm gonna give i a shot;

So first of, i'm not from America, Canada, or any English speaking country. I'm from Denmark, and while i'm really happy living here, it just suck to not have English as primary language. So first of, this is probably the reason for all the gramma mistakes here - which you by now probably have noticed.

So who am i?

Well, i'm a 15 year old boy from Denmark, as said. I go to school, and do homework, as kids do. But in my freetime i enjoy spending time on my precious computer, and anything related.

I've always been defined as a "nerd" by my friends, probably because of my love for math, computer and science.

I created my first website shortly after i learned to read and write, but of course with a WYSIWYG editor. But while this keept me entertained, i did always wan't to do something more. Then i heard about this coding thing, and i wanted to learn it - and so i tried. The first thing i ever really coded by myself, was a homepage for my parent i HTML - which they said were great, but obviously it wasn't.

I keept on having fun coding from back then to now, which haven't really been that much time - so i'm still really a beginner. Now i'm just also a newb at PHP. So i'm still learning, at least i'm trying to do so.

At the moment i'm working on a browser game for me and a couple of friends, which is really fun to make - and i enjoy making it, and i enjoy coding. Coding is great.

I'm hoping the dumb questions i, without discussion, am gonna ask, is too stupid.

Hoping to see you on the forum,

Kind Regards,
TrickyInt.

So you were how old when you made your first website? 7? 6?

Yeah, i think so. Maybe 8. ;)

Welcome! It's really great that you're starting this young. And you're also lucky that "nerds" and "geeks" are more popular than they were when I was your age ;)

Good luck with your coding :)

Thanks you. But is it really young to start programming, at the age of 15?

Welcome, indeed!  It's nice to have you here :)

TrickyInt, your English is *very* good; there are plenty of people (well, in the USA anyway), who probably don't type it as well as you do.  I only see three things that are worth mentioning:

• "kept", not "keept" (but it was understandable, nonetheless... "keept" does have a Scandanavian sound to it ... :D )
  • "grammar", not "gramma" (although some people do have grandmothers who make mistakes ;) )
  •  

I'm hoping the dumb questions i, without discussion, am gonna ask, is too stupid.

I think you mean "I'm hoping the questions I will ask are not too stupid."

And they aren't.  The dumbest questions are the ones you don't ask. ;)

Thanks you. But is it really young to start programming, at the age of 15?

I don't think so; just don't let it take over your entire life ;-)

Edited by dalecosp

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.