New bootstrap website

Stiver112

Hi Guys,

I just redesigned my site in order to make i mobile friendly. I was seeing an increase og mobile traffic og almost 20%, so something had to be done!

You can se the current site here: Lav din egen hjemmeside fra bunden (make your own website - the site is about tutorials, just like phpfreaks  :happy-04: )

It would be really cool if you would test the responsiveness of the site and maybe com with some design improvement suggestions.

If you are intereste you can see how the site used to look like here: The Old versions of the site

I really hope you like the new design and look better  :tease-01:

I don't mind the design except for the orange and green blocks on the right.  They look fine when they are below the other areas, but look wired when on the right.  The nav bar does overlap the content area when you shrink the window manually on a PC, so you could likley run into mobile devices with those specific resolutions and it will look bad.  I am using firefox.

Google oversætte, bare så du ved det. Jeg tror, ​​din hjemmeside er OK. Jeg kan godt lide, at det er lydhør. Der er noget for minimalistiske om det selv. Responsive hjemmeside design behøver ikke at ligne børnehavebørn designet det med farvekridt. Jeg vil sige at arbejde på at forfine designet. Det er de subtile ting at tilføje op til noget stort. Baggrundsbilleder, skygge, skygger, grænser, osv. osv. Gør det et mesterværk!

Google translating, just so you know. I think your website is OK. I like that it is responsive. There's something too minimalistic about it though. Responsive website design doesn't have to look like kindergarten students designed it with crayons. I'd say to work on refining the design. It's the subtle things that add up to something great. Background images, shading, shadows, borders, etc, etc. Make it a masterpiece!

Hi guys,

Thank you very much for the feedback so far! Also the "Danish" one ;-)

The issue with the navbar should not happen if you actually use a smaller screen as the facebook like box will disapear at a certain screensize. This off course does not work if you just minimize your window.

Regarding the boxes to the right, I will consider doing something else, because you are right...it does not work 100%.

Hi guys,

Thank you very much for the feedback so far! Also the "Danish" one ;-)

The issue with the navbar should not happen if you actually use a smaller screen as the facebook like box will disapear at a certain screensize. This off course does not work if you just minimize your window.

Regarding the boxes to the right, I will consider doing something else, because you are right...it does not work 100%.

I understand the screen size thing completely.  The point is that if you setup your media queries correctly there shouldn't be a overlap issue like that at all ;)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.