Mobile devices - display: none; does not work

SarahBear

As the title says, on any mobile device, display: none; does not work.  It will work when the CSS file is cached, however, when you refresh the URL (in any browser this will request a new version of the file) it appears that it will ignore display: none; calls.  I tested this on several emulators.

I read somewhere that using both display: none; and visibility: hidden; worked, but I have not seen results for this.

Has anyone come across this before, or know a fix/work-around?

I have made a copy on a free hosting site and no longer experience the issues.  It either has to do with the PHP displayed content conflicting with it or something else.  Either way, I will examine this issue closer, but I believe it is a CSS or server issue because it only occurs every few hard-refreshes now.

I will post again if I can not resolve this :)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.