PHP property listing info site

songweaver

Hello everyone,

Let me describe what I want to do then make your suggestions.

I am developing a site that real estate agents can go to to view vacant properties. How I want to monazite it is that they can see a small picture and location info for free, but if they want more pictures or detailed info they will have to buy it to see them. Do I just use a shopping cart script or is there something else that would work better?

Thanks in advance!

Hello everyone,

Let me describe what I want to do then make your suggestions.

I am developing a site that real estate agents can go to to view vacant properties. How I want to monazite it is that they can see a small picture and location info for free, but if they want more pictures or detailed info they will have to buy it to see them. Do I just use a shopping cart script or is there something else that would work better?

Thanks in advance!

Also, they need to sign up for an account. So a script for that as well.

So, what are you really asking? Your follow up states you need a sign-up script. And??? Are you wanting us to provide that to you? As for how would they pay for seeing the additional info, that's more of a usability question. Would they be purchasing on a site-by-site basis, would you provide a subscription to see unlimited or a certain number of sites within a month or other time period? Maybe you want to allow them to select properties to view and them bill them at the end of the month. Those are all business decisions to be decided before you consider how to accomplish it programatically.

However, I don't see how this would work. From my experience the selling Agent will typically make as much information about the properties they are selling publicly available in order to get potential buyers. Why would a buying agent go to your site to buy the information that they can already get for free?

I am sorry, let me clarify. Each property listing would have to be purchased, no paid subscription. They would need to sign up for an account to pay. I am asking either if you know of an existing script or scripts that could accomplish this or how much you would charge for something like this.

These are vacant properties and would only know the city, not address info. I am working with someone who is providing the pictures and info, they have provided this info to real estate agents, so there is a market for it.

Sure, you can go look at some shopping cart apps. Each will be different based upon the user experience, payment options and how much they can be modified to fit your needs. But,  they are not buying a 'product', they are buying permission to see the additional information. So, you would need additional functionality to incorporate that capability - which would not be included in most (if any) pre-made shopping cart applications.

I suggest you do some research to see if any do meet your needs. If not, post in the freelance forum to see if someone would be willing to give you a quote. But, you would need to provide A LOT more information about all the requirements to get an appropriate cost. I think it will be a lot more than you think it will be.

What would be a rough estimate, say if you were to develop a solution like this? 

I can't even venture a guess based on the little information provided. The problem is you have an idea in your head which includes a lot of functionality that either you assume to be included or which you have not thought through yet. If someone does give you a quote based upon just the information above you will want to triple or quadruple it to determine what the real cost will be. Because, you will start including additional requirements that are needed that weren't included in the quote. You should still look into existing modules. You might find something that is close enough to what you need to get started. Then you might be able to find someone to add the modifications that you want.

But, I would not be interested anyway. I wouldn't have the time or interest. Good luck.