Is my website ok, great or fantastic?

holly9

Hi, I'll love to have feed back on stuff like content and seo. My website doesn't have a member base. My niche is: Learn how to make a banner advertising site. I show many ways to make a banner ad site using html, javascript,ajax and php( with and without mysql). I hope to make allot of money using marketing tecniques. I learn free web programming online at places like w3schools. I spend the last few days correcting so many html and css errors before writing here. I'm not great at making templates as yet so i'm sorry if my template frightens you lol. I want to have a second site with a memberbase and it will be a banner exchange or a banner adboard site. I don't want to create a template for my second site. My navigation links are white and it makes all my other non-navigation links white as well for some reason so i have to color the other links using css. I made template using w3schools tutorials.

Thanks for your feed back and for stopping by!.

http://adjade.com/

Edited by holly9

First impression - it's your first attempt at building a website, which is fine.

A few things -

1. Your doctype is XHTML 1.0 - we're now at HTML 5, time for an upgrade!

2. Why have you confined your content to a scrolling box? It gives the effect of a frame, which is an old design feature - make it easy for people to read your content.

3. Your site name / logo is in a heading 4 (h4) tag, but you have multiple h1 tags. Look at improving your page structure as accessibility has an effect on SEO.

4. Look at choosing a nicer font, Times isn't the nicest to read.

I hope to make allot of money using marketing tecniques

Set yourself some more realistic targets, you're not going to get rich from this site just yet.

Install Google Analytics and Webmaster tools to understand what's going on with your site and how to draw in a larger audience. Once you understand that, you could start by aiming for 100 uniques per day, then 200, etc... but to earn "a lot of money", you're probably looking at minimum 20,000 users per day, more like 50,000 - 100,000. 

First impression - it's your first attempt at building a website, which is fine.

A few things -

1. Your doctype is XHTML 1.0 - we're now at HTML 5, time for an upgrade!

2. Why have you confined your content to a scrolling box? It gives the effect of a frame, which is an old design feature - make it easy for people to read your content.

3. Your site name / logo is in a heading 4 (h4) tag, but you have multiple h1 tags. Look at improving your page structure as accessibility has an effect on SEO.

4. Look at choosing a nicer font, Times isn't the nicest to read.

Set yourself some more realistic targets, you're not going to get rich from this site just yet.

Install Google Analytics and Webmaster tools to understand what's going on with your site and how to draw in a larger audience. Once you understand that, you could start by aiming for 100 uniques per day, then 200, etc... but to earn "a lot of money", you're probably looking at minimum 20,000 users per day, more like 50,000 - 100,000. 

Thanks i'll follow the tips.

2. My web codes will have allot of content so I thought that people would like the scrolling box. it is abit hard for me to read content so i'll change my menu and content heights to auto in css right away. I wanted to have a mini site but it is impossible with all my content. I didn't want to use php switch statement inside web codes because i already use it with my navigation(home,faq,web codes,tos and etc) and i'm not a fan of php switch statement. I thought of using ajax for my content but it will be hard to get my javascripts codes with that method.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.