PHP Not displaying properly

Hello,

First of thank you for taking your time reading this, I have a question about what is wrong with my webserver. I made a website using PHP on my local WAMP server. I uploaded it to my webserver this morning and as it turns out something like 

<?php echo '<p>Hello World</p>'; ?> 

gets compiled to

Hello World

'; ?>

I honestly have no idea what I have done wrong and I cant seem to find this anywhere...

Hope to hear for someone soon

Trevi

if you do a 'view source' of that page in you browser, do you see the complete original raw php code?

if so, either your live web server doesn't have php installed or the file extension of that page (it should be .php, using anything else requires that your web server be configured to treat it as php code) isn't configured to be parsed as php code or php isn't enabled in the folder where you put your files.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.