how do i Check IPs against DNS Blackhole Lists?

darkcarnival

If I'm understanding your question correctly, here is my initial thoughts on the matter: set up a table that simply holds blacklisted IP addresses. Then, when someone logs in, run a simple, quick query to check them against the blacklist before you let them in:
[code]
<?php
$ip = $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'];
$sql = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM blacklist WHERE ip = '$ip'");
if (mysql_num_rows($sql) > 0) {
  // blacklisted IP, don't let them in
} else {
  // valid, let them in
}
?>
[/code]

Is this the idea of what you're after?

no but thanks for the try.

on phpbb3 is a way to cehck ips from databases from spamcop

heres the entrie quote from phpbb's cp:

[quote]Check IP against DNS Blackhole List:
If enabled the IP is checked against the following DNSBL services on registration and posting: spamcop.net, dsbl.org and spamhaus.org. This lookup may take a bit, depending on the servers configuration. If slowdowns are experienced or too much false positives reported it is recommended to disable this check.[/quote]

now i wish to do the same but since phpbb has an odd way of coding, i dont understand how do it.

[quote author=darkcarnival link=topic=116746.msg475911#msg475911 date=1164836573]
no but thanks for the try.
now i wish to do the same but since phpbb has an odd way of coding, i dont understand how do it.
[/quote]

I see what you're after. Well, each one of the Black Lists provided has their own way of checking. You need to actually do a little digging on those sites you wish to use and access their information directly. For instance, I spent about 3 minutes browsing the SpamCop site, and I came up with [url=http://www.spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/351.html]this page[/url] that describes how you can check an IP address against their black list. It's a very similar function to use DSBL according to [url=http://dsbl.org/usage]this page of their site[/url], too. Using these tools they provided, you can configure your server to run those tests for you, and you should be set to go.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.