John T
Go to solution Solved by John T,

Hi, I am changing my ISP and need to  import my databases.

Do I I have to create a new datarbase or can I  change my database name to import?

My new host has a different database prefix ie: -web147xxxxxxxx

My old one was arewene1_wor1.

Many thanks.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I did not think it would be simple!

Could you please tell me which scripts I need to modify as I am a complete numpty with regard to this?

Thanks.

No not really as I do not know what script your sites uses. Usually the database credits are stored in a global config script for your application. You'll need to go through your sites files and  find that file, open it and change the database credentials to the the ones supplied by your host.

Thanks for the replies.

I have a download of both my databases also a complete site download and will have a look later today (Wife says I have jobs to do today)

Thanks again I will report back.

• Solution

OK all jobs done! I opened my sql file in Notepad++ and renamed it to suit the new database provided by my new host, edited some lines to also match and, hey presto it worked. I was expecting "could not connect to database" but no.

A couple of things did not pull over but too few to worry about.

Thanks guys for the advice.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.