I made a new template for site. Is site better?

holly9

Hi I made a new design for my website and I made some changes. I want to use layout for my second site.

I'll like to know if my site is easier to browse through now and if you like the design better?. I test my site on internet explorer, chrome, and firefox. It is best to use site on better browsers like firefox and chrome to get a better experience of site. Thanks.

http://adjade.com

I don't know what type of input you are looking for. But, here are some things I see:

The text in the header "Free script and codes" can appear on top of the logo if users makes page narrow. You can implement a minimum width div or put a large left margin on that text to ensure that does not happen. Also, the text should have aright-hand margin.

The floating content is unnecessary as you currently have it. Resizing the page does not allow the user to increase/decrease the available horizontal space for the text to display. I would go with a left-hand fixed position for the content (or allow it to resize with the page). 

The home page has no links to content. The bulleted list looks like it should be links to something

Spelling and grammar issues throughout.

The Games page starts with No results found until the user does a search. Should have something by default.

Validation on contact page needs improvement. Allowed me to submit an 'empty' code and content consisting of nothing but spaces.

The TOS are, to be blunt, a joke. Go do some research on appropriate TOS.

If there is a site closure, we will be sure to make it known on adjade.

Really? That's sort of like my ISP telling me they will send me an email to tell me that the email service is down. I used to laugh at the fact that the electric company would post notices and information about power outages when they started doing that many years ago. But, since the prevalence of smart phones that makes sense these days.

Site Map: You use the same display of the links on the site map as you do for the bullets on the home page. You should not use the exact same display property for content that will be links and content that will not be links. The styles you use should help guide the user to what things are and should be consistent through out the site both in display and purpose. Also, it is not apparent that the 'headers' on this page are links as well.

A quick look at the source on a couple pages shows some invalid HTML. You should run your pages through a validator.

I don't know what type of input you are looking for. But, here are some things I see:

The text in the header "Free script and codes" can appear on top of the logo if users makes page narrow. You can implement a minimum width div or put a large left margin on that text to ensure that does not happen. Also, the text should have aright-hand margin.

The floating content is unnecessary as you currently have it. Resizing the page does not allow the user to increase/decrease the available horizontal space for the text to display. I would go with a left-hand fixed position for the content (or allow it to resize with the page). 

The home page has no links to content. The bulleted list looks like it should be links to something

Spelling and grammar issues throughout.

The Games page starts with No results found until the user does a search. Should have something by default.

Validation on contact page needs improvement. Allowed me to submit an 'empty' code and content consisting of nothing but spaces.

The TOS are, to be blunt, a joke. Go do some research on appropriate TOS.

Really? That's sort of like my ISP telling me they will send me an email to tell me that the email service is down. I used to laugh at the fact that the electric company would post notices and information about power outages when they started doing that many years ago. But, since the prevalence of smart phones that makes sense these days.

Site Map: You use the same display of the links on the site map as you do for the bullets on the home page. You should not use the exact same display property for content that will be links and content that will not be links. The styles you use should help guide the user to what things are and should be consistent through out the site both in display and purpose. Also, it is not apparent that the 'headers' on this page are links as well.

A quick look at the source on a couple pages shows some invalid HTML. You should run your pages through a validator.

Your input is great :happy-04: . Thank you very much for taking your time looking at each page. I'll study English grammar and etc online. I might get a free template online if I continue to fail. I'm in a rush to have an online business because I want to pay off my school loans. I plan to extend the expire date of my domain to show my site visitors how serious I am with having an online business.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.