Payment during registration process

joemal

Hi all,

I am building a website for my local motorclub.

we are wanting to start taking online payments for membership and events. I have built a members only area - the way to get access is for a member of staff to accept the registration. this is all fine for members who pay via cheque or simular.

I am wanting a sign up process to include the payment page, was going to use paypal as the merchant. So if people want to join the club they are able to do so and get immediate access to the members only page instead of waiting for staff to check if the payment has cleared then set up there account etc. 

so basically i need a sign-up form (which is done) then a purchase button at the bottom, which takes the payment and then redirects to the website but 'tells my website the payment has been taken and to give full access'. 

I cant really explain how i want it, but i hope you understand from what i have said.

You'll want to use paypals IPN service.  There are tutorials out there on the subject, but depending on the time the tutorial was made you may have to get the more current code from the paypal docs.  That's the easiest way to do what you're asking with paypal.

Paypal also has a PDT service. PDT is faster, but less reliable than IPN because IPN retries after failures and PDT does not. The best approach if you want to give immediate access is to use PDT and have an IPN listener to catch the successful payments that PDT misses.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.