Stack Overflow Questions Tags Users Badges Unanswered Ask Question Page not showing database updated info but database is

Webjunkie

I have a standard form that displays users current data from a mysql database once logged in(code obtained from the internet). Users can then edit their data then submit it to page called editform.php that does the update. All works well except that the page does not display the updated info. Users have to first logout and login again to see the updated info. even refreshing the page does not show the new info. Please tell me where the problem is as i am new to php.

my form page test.php

<?PHP
require_once("./include/membersite_config.php");

if(!$fgmembersite->CheckLogin())
{
    $fgmembersite->RedirectToURL("login.php");
    exit;
}

?>
<form action="editform.php?id_user=<?= $fgmembersite->UserId() ?>" method="POST">
<input type="hidden" name="id_user" value="<?= $fgmembersite->UserId() ?>"><br>
Name:<br> <input type="text" name="name" size="40" value="<?= $fgmembersite->UserFullName() ?>"><br><br>
Email:<br> <input type="text" name="email" size="40" value="<?= $fgmembersite->UserEmail() ?>  "><br><br>
Address:<br> <input type="text" name="address" size="40" value="<?= $fgmembersite->UserAddress() ?>  "><br><br>

<button>Submit</button>

my editform.php

<?php

$con = mysqli_connect("localhost","root","user","pass");

if (mysqli_connect_errno())
  {
  echo "Failed to connect to MySQL: " . mysqli_connect_error();
  }

mysqli_query($con,"UPDATE fgusers3 SET name = '".$_POST['name']."', email= '".$_POST['email']."', address= '".$_POST['address']."' WHERE id_user='".$_POST['id_user']."'");

header("Location: test.php");

?>

Well those codes blocks don't have anything to do with the displaying of the info you updated.  Most likely the issue is that the script (somewhere else in the code) is gathering the users info and storing it in a session.  Then on each page load it just re-uses that info rather than making another query until the browser is closed or the user logs out and back in. 

So you would need to find and edit how that info is being stored and displayed.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.