Extracting & replacing the SQL Carriage Return from a Query

optimaximal

Hiya all, first thread and all...

Basically, I'm pulling data from my company's customer database (running on MSSQL - SQL Server) for the purpose of mailings in order to create a web-based printable label system (don't ask :)).

The problem i'm facing is the SQL Server uses the CHAR(13) ASCII code (aka. a carriage return) and I need a way to grab this in PHP so that I can use the str_replace function to replace it with a form of carriage return that a web browser can understand (i.e. <br>).

Here's the code -
[code]$connection_string = 'DRIVER={SQL Server};SERVER=########;DATABASE=######';

$user = '######';
$pass = '######';

$connection = odbc_connect( $connection_string, $user, $pass );
$sqlquery="SELECT top 10 title, full_name, house, address, postcode, customer FROM cust ORDER BY NEWID();";
$process=odbc_exec($connection, $sqlquery);

//Finally, you extract all of the companies from the Customers table and display them onscreen in a list. Once the entire list has been displayed, the connection to the database is closed:
while(odbc_fetch_row($process)){
$Title = odbc_result($process, 1);
$Name = odbc_result($process, 2);
$House = odbc_result($process, 3);
$Address = odbc_result($process, 4);

//Replace Carriage Return
$Address2 = str_replace("NEED THIS VALUE", "<br>", "$Address");

$Postcode = odbc_result($process, 5);
$custnum = odbc_result($process, 6);
echo "<span class='small'>$custnum</span><p>$Title $Name<br>$House $Address2<br>$Postcode<p><hr>"; }
odbc_close($connection);[/code]

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.