How often do you use Interfaces?

w1zzerd

So I have been writing PHP constantly for a few months now, and have a pretty good grasp on OOP coming from other languages. One thing I never really use is interfaces, I get it when a class implements an interface, that class is required to have implemented methods from a interface, or a constant that is required by an interface. Seems like the kinda thing you would need when you are on a large team mainly for naming consistency? Is this something I should be using? I know I can get away with not using it, but should I use it to be up to modern php standards? 

Thanks

Naming consistency? Hardly. That's a job for coding standards and IDEs that can automatically (re)format code for you.

Rather than rehash something that is a fairly complicated subject, let me point you to, honestly, the first four results I found in Google that looked decent:

- Why you should always use PHP interfaces

- Understanding and Applying Polymorphism in PHP

- Design Pattern Principles for PHP: Program to an Interface; not an implementation

- When should I use an interface/abstract class?

• Like 1

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.