E-Mail PHP Process

AP_King7

I have a full working order form in PHP.  I process it and display it with a process page called "process.php."  Whenever this information is displayed on the web page "process.php" I also want it to send me an e-mail with all of the information that it just processed.  i.e. Checked checkboxes, text entered, etc. Whenever I try to send the contents of "process.php" to an email $message = include 'process.php';  the process page just goes through an infinite loop displaying itself over and over again instead of sending itself in an email.

Edited by AP_King7

Thank you.  I was not aware, this is my first post.  Here is a very small portion of one of the pages with forms and the process page the displays the values on /process.php. I want it to send everything that it displays to the email as well when the data is processed.

<form action="process.php" method="post">
Number<input type="text" name="tPerson" value="0" maxlength="2" size="1">

<input type="hidden" name="Trad" value="Trad" />

<h4>Choose 2 </h4> 
  <input type="checkbox" name="tMeat[]" value="Hamburgers" /> Hamburgers

<?php
echo($_POST['Trad']);

?> for <?php echo $_POST["tPerson"]; ?>.<h3>

<h4>Selection:</h4>
<p />
<?php
  $aMeat = $_POST['tMeat'];
  if(empty($aMeat)) 
  {
    echo("You didn't select any meats.");
  } 
  else
  {
    $N = count($aMeat);

echo("You ordered $N meat(s): ");
    for($i=0; $i < $N; $i++)
    {
      echo($aMeat[$i] . " - ");
    }
  }
?>

$email_to = "email@email.com";
$email_subject = "Order Confirmation";
$message = include 'process.php';   

Edited by AP_King7

youre going to have to be a little clearer with your code for us to help.  i dont know what youre showing us here.

it sounds like youre saying everything after the opening <?php tag is in your process.php file but if that is the case, why are you including it below?  that would explain your loop.  please label better somehow, like this:

form.html file:

<form action="process.php" method="post">

Number<input type="text" name="tPerson" value="0" maxlength="2" size="1"> .....

process.php file:

<?php

echo($_POST['Trad']); .....

you are also assigning the included file to a variable.  this will only return the value of the included file.  which im guessing is NULL if you did not return a value correctly. 

your variables at the bottom of the page are also outside of php tags.

I tried to split the code like that and it didn't work.  It just didn't post my second piece of code.  Like I said, this is obviously not anywhere near all of the code.  My code is just for an example for you guys to go off of.  I understand how to send an e-mail with text and have done it successfully in this code.  I can also send a separate page to an e-mail.  But when I try to send the page that the code is within it doesn't send an e-mail at all.  It just displays it at the bottom of the page infinitely.

For instance if I use $message = "Test" it sends fine.

When I use $message = include 'process.php'; it doesn't send a message.  It just displays it infinitely on the web page.  I want to somehow capture the data that process.php is displaying and send it to an email when process.php is ran from the other pages.

I tried to split the code like that and it didn't work.  It just didn't post my second piece of code.

This forum seems to have an issue when posting multiple

blocks. To get around this issue, I usually need to clicking the "More Reply Options" button instead of Post. At times I also need to click the "Preview Post" button after clicking "More Reply Options" for the extra code blocks to appear.

As for your code, is your script including itself?

It did but I have separated the pages and made a confirm button at the bottom of "process.php" that will run "process2.php" which will e-mail the information from "process.php."  However when I use

it doesn't put the web page in the e-mail. It just displays "process.php" on top of the "process2.php" page.

i believe its emailing you the number 1 because its returning a boolean value.  again, if you set your $message var to the included file, and you want a message to be emailed instead of that true/boolean value, RETURN the message from process.php

that being said, this sounds like a circumlocutional way to achieve your ends.. do you need to set the included file to a variable?  cant you just include the file and assign $message within it?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.