Is this possible?

davegu

Hi All

I am very new to this sort of thing and as an older person I am finding coding very difficult, but I am trying :-)

I have just created my first website using Drupal 7, PHP 5 and  MySQL 5.5 at www.donnyradar.co.uk.

One of my tables is filled by the output from from a planes adsb transponder and gives me its  ICAO code, callsign, altitude and location (lat/lon)

What I would like to do is take a point on a map (an airbase) and be able to isolate any aircraft within a 10 mile radius with height less than 5000ft.

My questions are:

1) Is this Possible?

2) If so, how would I do it?

I have got as far as thinking that I need to create a table containing the Lat/Lon of any airbases that I require, but haven't got a clue where to go from there.

Thanks in anticipation

Dave

The SQL part is easy.  The map part will span past SQL.  The query will depend on how much data you plan on storing, and how you plan to constantly store and update the location data to know how far away the aircraft is and what position in height they are at.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.