Help needed in database connection

faisalmukhtarch

Hi guys, 

I am new to PHP

I have a Friends website, which was working perfectly on his PC. When i tried to run it. i am getting the following error.

connect_db(); //================================================================================ if(isset($_POST['submit'])=="login"){ $where="( email='".mysql_real_escape_string($_POST["email"])."') and ( password='".mysql_real_escape_string($_POST["password"])."')"; $seldata=$nds->webdreamselect('tbl_users',$where,'','','',''); echo mysql_error(); if(mysql_num_rows($seldata)!=0){ $customer_details=mysql_fetch_array($seldata); echo mysql_error(); $_SESSION["member_id"]=$customer_details["id"]; header("location: home.php"); }else{ $message="Invalid Username / Password Please try again."; } } //================ ?>

The database file has sql extension. I used that file in PHPMYADMIN to to import the tables, and it went successful

But i am getting this error. 

Kindly help me out. 

If anyother information needed, let me know. 

Apologize if i did not follow the proper rules. 

Thanks 

If I format that mess of code from your first post (as you should have done) things become clearer

<?php
connect_db(); 
//================================================================================
if(isset($_POST['submit'])=="login"){ 
    $where="( email='".mysql_real_escape_string($_POST["email"])."') and ( password='".    mysql_real_escape_string($_POST["password"])."')"; 
    $seldata=$nds->webdreamselect('tbl_users',$where,'','','',''); 
    echo mysql_error(); 
    if(mysql_num_rows($seldata)!=0){ 
        $customer_details=mysql_fetch_array($seldata); 
        echo mysql_error(); 
        $_SESSION["member_id"]=$customer_details["id"]; 
        header("location: home.php"); 
    }else{ 
        $message="Invalid Username / Password Please try again."; 
    } 
} //================ 
?>

isset() returns true or false and so will not equal "login".

That line should be

if(isset($_POST['submit']) && $_POST['submit']=="login") { 

The code never executes and $message never gets a value, hence your "not defined" message

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.