Error using PDO to connect to Access DB

chrscote

I am using WAMP server for my PHP Server and am trying to connect to an Access Database with the extension of accdb, but I keep getting the error "could not find driver". Here is the code I'm trying to run:

$dbName = $_SERVER["DOCUMENT_ROOT"]."/Ridley/RLCompRepair.accdb";

if (!file_exists($dbName)) {

die("Could not find database file.");

}

try {

$db = new PDO("odbc:Driver={MS Access Database (*.mdb, *.accdb)};Dbq=$dbName");

} catch (PDOException $e) {

echo "Error: ".$e->getMessage();

}

I have enabled the php_pdo_odbc extension, so I'm pretty sure this is not the problem. Could someone please let me know what is wrong?

Chris

Edited by chrscote

I have changed my $db line to: 

$db = new PDO("odbc:DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb, *.accdb)};;Dbq=$dbName");

but I am still getting the same error message when I echo getMessage() on the PDOException. Here is a list of all the extensions I have enabled:

php_curl

php_gd2

php_mbstring

php_mssql

php_mysql

php_mysqli

php_pdo_mssql

php_pdo_mysql

php_pdo_sqlite

I assumed that the mssql was the extension that needs to be set to handle Access, am I correct in that assumption. And just to be absolutely clear, I am using WAMP Version 2.4 with PHP 5.4.16.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Chris

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.