INNER JOIN problem

Lopez
Go to solution Solved by Psycho,

Hello guys. Thanks a lot for any help with this.

My problem is that I'm trying to use MAX to get the last item in the portafolio table. This is my query:

$result = $db->prepare( "SELECT * FROM portafolio INNER JOIN imagenes ON imagenes.work = portafolio.idp WHERE work = ? ORDER BY iid DESC);
$result->execute(array($_GET['work']));

The main idea is not use $_GET['work'], because i want to display the last work (with their respective images) in my portafolio in the main page, so im not passing any variable by url.

• Solution

You know that code is invalid, right? There is no closing quote for the query definition.

If you want the last item added, then you should be using a timestamp field to determine that and not the id field. I'm guessing 'iid' is the id field? Assuming all you have is the id field (and you aren't going to fix it), it might look something like this

SELECT *
FROM portafolio
INNER JOIN imagenes ON imagenes.work = portafolio.idp
WHERE iid = (SELECT MAX(iid) FROM portafolio)
ORDER BY iid DESC
Edited by Psycho

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.