[CODE] Tag Bug ( Deletes all your writing )

I found this bug when creating my topic here:

http://forums.phpfreaks.com/topic/292939-padding-around-dynamic-generated-rectangles/

I spent 10 minutes writing up my issue after I copy and pasted my code inside the

brackets. Then, what do you know? I submitted my post with all my writing below my [code] brackets and BOOM it was all gone. Only my code was showing. That's what issued Requinex to reply like that, it's a nasty forum bug.

Here is a video I made to help explain and re-create the issue.  Hopefully you guys fix it, thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaMXSYkZTfg&feature=youtu.be

I had this happen before, reproduced it several times... had a couple of reports to IPB but I don't think it ever completely got solved :(

Well, IPB went downhill once Matt Mecham left and after 1.3.1F anyways.

Hopefully they move it up on their priority list though. Thanks Philip.

Matt is still there actually. And with v4 coming out soon (currently on beta 3), I imagine it has been rewritten.

But I dunno if the phpf team will upgrade ;-) I'm just a lurker again

Yeah, I see Matt on the official forums, but I don't think he writes any code anymore? (Not sure)  I haven't looked at v4 yet, so maybe that will change my mind.  And hopefully.. this bug gets fixed in v4 eh? 

Should I report it on their official forums?

Edited by Monkuar

• 2 weeks later...

You guys going to fix this issue or not? It's about the most annoying thing I've ever had to deal with and Matt Mecham would be ashamed if not fixed.

Here is a temporary fix for anyone who is still having this problem:

0e479c5e299b8f81de1be785e5a54b41.png

Just disable the damn thing, lol.

Edited by Monkuar

You guys going to fix this issue or not?

Considering we don't write and maintain IPB, no we're not going to try and fix it. It'll get fixed if and when IPB fixes it and someone here feels like upgrading to the release with the fix.

I personally always run with the rich text editor disable and just manually type bbcode when I want it. Much easier and never had any problems.

Considering we don't write and maintain IPB, no we're not going to try and fix it. It'll get fixed if and when IPB fixes it and someone here feels like upgrading to the release with the fix.

I personally always run with the rich text editor disable and just manually type bbcode when I want it. Much easier and never had any problems.

Yeah, I currently disabled it as well. I am just worried because it's not set as default and future users WILL have a problem with the editor. They will type out a whole paragraph explaining their code and what the problem is, then all of a sudden see it's all gone. That would diminish the customer and user retention for this site. And if that user doesn't have ad block, it will in essence generate less revenue. I think it's a prevalent issue and it should be top priority.

I don't know what else to say.

Edited by Monkuar

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.