JOIN and use unique data from same column names

SF23103

I have data similar to below.  I am doing a MySQL query and doing a JOIN based on instructor name.  I am echoing classes and linking the instructor name to another page with their BIO.  All is working great, however I want to use the ID's for something else.  How do I differentiate the ID between the Instructors table and the Classes Table without changing the column name in the database?  

For instance, I want to echo the Instructor ID and then echo the Classes ID, but they are both the same column name in the database and since they are joined, how will that work?

Instructors:

ID  |  Instructor    |  Title         |  Bio                                          |

1    |  Bob Smith  |  Chef       |  bob smith is a chef with...        |

2   |  Jane Doe    | Professor |  Jane doe is an instructor that... |

Classes:

ID  |  Instructor   |  Class Title      |  Class Description                                          |

4    |  Bob Smith  |  Baking      | this is a baking class where you learn....        |

5   |  Jane Doe    | Food Safety |  Food safety is very important... |

Use column aliases.

SELECT i.ID as instructorID
  , c.ID as classID
  , i.instructor
  , `class title` 
FROM instructor i
    INNER JOIN classes c USING (Instructor)

Don't uses column names containing spaces.

The classes table should contain the instructor id (as a foreign key) and not the name. The name should only appear in the instructor table.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.